Position: we’re seeking to add an enthusiastic and dynamic new member to our team. A twelve month position for someone to help us investigate, develop and promote Ensemble Klang’s profile within Europe.
Ensemble Klang is a leading voice in European contemporary chamber music. Projects have been staged with artists such as Heiner Goebbels, Oscar Bettison, Eliane Radigue, Peter Adriaansz, Jan-Bas Bollen, Elaine Mitchener, Irreversible Entanglements, Keir Neuringer, Bang on a Can, B’Rock, Matthew Wright, Claron McFadden, Laurence Osborn and Agata Zubel. Klang’s unique yet versatile instrumentation features a sextet of two saxophones, trombone, keyboards, percussion, guitar, and electronics. The group regularly feature in festivals such as Rewire Festival, Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival, at podia such as Muziekgebouw (Amsterdam) and Korzo (The Hague), and on BBC and Dutch national radio. The group’s annual activities embrace multiple new productions, an annual festival of Musical Utopias, and its own record label.
Ensemble Klang has a strong artistic profile that resonates not only nationally in the Netherlands but also internationally, with performances in Belgium, France, Germany, Switzerland, the Czech Republic, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States. For the coming twelve months we are looking for an enthusiastic partner to join our team, working with us to investigate and develop our position in the European music scene.
We are looking for someone with:
• an affinity with contemporary music
• a good knowledge of the European cultural sector and the position of the Netherlands within it, especially with regard to contemporary music
• skills in setting up and conducting (market) research
• a passion for developing and maintaining relationships with programmers, venues, festivals, ensembles and other related stakeholders
• a broad (inter)national network
• a good command of the English language in writing and speech (extra languages are a plus)
• a 12 month position, working +- 8 hours a week, with competitive pay
• presence at performances of Ensemble Klang, and visiting relevant (European) venues and festivals (with travel and hours financially-covered)
• a challenging environment within an ambitious ensemble, with development opportunities
• Send your motivation letter and CV to Anton van Houten, business director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Deadline 30 June 2022, we’ll reply by 2 July
• After an initial selection based on motivation and CV, candidates will be invited for an interview on 6 or 7 July.
• Date of starting work in consultation, but preferably from mid-August 2022.
Ensemble Klang is part of Stichting Ensemble Klang.
From 2021-2024 Stichting Ensemble Klang receives multi-year support from the Performing Arts Fund NL and the Municipality of The Hague.