Who makes the news? You do. By clicking and sharing, your zeroes and ones determine what stories you see and which you don’t. But whose stories can you trust? Composer Igor C. Silva and writer Aaron Landsman explore the shifty language of truth in Follow, a multi-layered work, featuring video and electronics, performed by Stephanie Pan and Ensemble Klang.
News travels fast: it accelerates, goes viral, and soon nobody has control of it anymore. We swipe and follow and try to reflect how it connects to us. How does it feel to chase a truth, find it, lose it, and lose yourself in the process? In Follow, voices, sounds and lights ricochet, in a dizzying spectacle, enveloping the audience in waves.
Igor C. Silva – music & video
Aaron Landsman – text
Stephanie Pan & Ensemble Klang – performance
Follow is a co-production of Ensemble Klang, Gaudeamus, Miso Music and Korzo, and is made possible with financial support from Performing Arts Fund NL, Gemeente Utrecht, Gemeente Den Haag, and the Prins Bernard Cultuurfonds (Reinbert de Leeuw Fonds).
Photo: Michel Mees
- General Rehearsal 3 Sep 2021, Korzo (The Hague)
- Premiere 8 Sep 2021, Gaudeamus Festival, Theater Kikker (Utrecht)
- 23 Oct 2021, Korzo (The Hague)
- 5 Nov 2021, Sounds of Music Festival, Grand Theater (Groningen)
- 9 Nov 2021, November Music Festival (Den Bosch)
- 21 May 2022, Het Paard, Festival Dag in de Branding (The Hague)
"Stephanie Pan and Ensemble Klang are a fantastic combination"